Today, Aira launches in Italy, on its mission to take Europe off gas and accelerate decarbonisation. Aira’s ambition is to serve 5 million households across Europe, of which 1 million in Italy, with affordable clean energy-tech solutions over the next 10 years. Aira offers an ecosystem of clean energy-tech solutions including intelligent heat pumps, solar panels, battery storage and electricity tariffs. With Aira, Italian households will save 55% on energy related costs and reduce CO₂ compared to current fossil fuel-based solutions.
In Italy, 67% of households still use fossil fuels for heating, a practice that plays a significant role in the residential heating sector's contribution of 12% to the nation’s total CO2 emissions. The electrification of heating is a critical enabler for Italy and for Europe to meet its Fit-for-55 targets.
By switching from a gas boiler to a heat pump, households will save more than 40% on heating costs and reduce both energy consumption and CO2 emissions by 75%, without making any lifestyle changes. Aira makes the switch affordable and accessible with a unique offering comprising an all-inclusive plan, a comfort guarantee, and 30-day order to installation commitment – with zero upfront cost. Additionally, Italian customers benefit from a subsidised financing solution and support obtaining tax deductions, enabling a low monthly payment plan.
Aira is now spearheading clean energy-tech for every home to drive electrification, to reduce customer heating bills and to get Italy off gas:
- Aira’s offering is available in six regions – Lombardy, Piedmont, Lazio, Marche, Abruzzo and Umbria – and will continue its rapid expansion.
- Today, Aira Italy is a team of 150 people, consisting of clean energy experts, technicians, and commercial roles.
- Through the acquisition of the well-reputed installation company TermoCinque in Marche, earlier this year, Aira has secured local specialists and the necessary Italian market expertise.
- The ambition is to hire 4000 employees over the next decade and to establish Aira Academies across Italy for training its clean energy experts.
- Aira has partnered with Dolomiti Energia, to offer customers the greenest and cheapest electricity tariff in the market ‘Simply The Best Energy’. This offer includes a variable price tariff and a 10% discount on the PUN, which is the best kWh price in Italy.
- Aira is collaborating with prestigious technical institutes including Politecnico di Milano to build a programme aimed to train and grow green skills and talent in this sector.
Aira is here to accelerate the important and much needed transition from dirty gas boilers to clean heat pumps
“Italy is a crucial market to decarbonise, being one of Europe's most populated countries, and with a heat pump penetration rate of only 6%. We are excited to introduce Aira's innovative home energy solution in Italy and we are confident that our offering and value proposition, which includes substantial consumer cost savings, no need for lifestyle changes, and a zero upfront payment model, will be well-received. Aira ishere to accelerate the important and much needed transition from dirty gas boilers to clean heat pumps,” says Carl-Erik Lagercrantz, board member of Aira.